Σελίδες

Thursday, November 29, 2012

What is a talent?

Today at arts class our lovely professor (who's the most annoying person I’ve ever met in my whole life. But that has nothing to do with my story), came into class and said we were having a test. Of course we all thought she was kidding (she wasn't) so she gave us a of piece paper and told us to draw an eye (i know it seems completley irrelevant with the theme of this article but keep reading). Well she had some drawing with her and showed them to us to get some ideas (she actually wanted us to copy them but I’m not going to judge her about that right now). So one of the drawings was some 7th grader's (I have to admit it was pretty good). So she spent the whole hour saying how good his drawing was and how he was better than anybody else (she actually said that) and what a talented kid he was that he should go to some art school (bitch).
I know what you're thinking that I’m jealous of him, I’m not i haven't envied a single person in my whole life. Why should i be jealous of him? The main subject of this is talent. She spent all that time saying what a talented kid he was. And then it hit me why she said how talented he was and not how hard he tried to reach that level? Was he born that talented? Talent is an ability you are born with or you earn it on the way? I never thought talent like that and it makes me curious? I know that if somebody tries hard he can get better but talent is about being the best right? So how hard you have to try to be the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment