Σελίδες

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Andrei Chikatilo & and other Things

So the other day I was playing one of these games in which you have to guess in the guy on the picture is a criminal or a programmer or something. And I stumbled upon Andrei Chikatilo...
According to Wikipedia he was a Soviet serial killer, nicknames the Butcher of Rostov, Red Ripper and the Rostov Ripper, who committed the sexual assault, murder and mutilation of a minimum of 52 women and children between 1978 and 1990 in the Russian SFSR. Chikatilo confessed to a total of 56 murders and was tried for 53 of these killings in April 1992. He was convicted and sentenced to death for 52 of these murders in October 1992 and subsequently executed in February 1994.
My first thought was why don't I know him? Or at least heard of him? He committed 56 murders for God's sake.
Some would think something like "If he was American or something, we would know him." Well, I learnt about Virginia Tech Massacre two months ago. I bet that if I ask anyone on my country, there will be only a small number of people who would know about it. Virginia is in the USA. We don't know of it.
I really don't know what is the subject of this post, I honestly have no idea. Maybe the fact that we are unaware of what is really going on out there? Maybe that we think we are safe just because we live in a small country? Well Russia is not that far.
A lot of people here think that everything bad happens to the US. Bullshit. It happens everywhere. Just because US is a bigger country and we learn things that happen there more often, doesn't mean that there aren't serial killers in Greece.
That's it. Bye.

Vcay

No comments:

Post a Comment