Σελίδες

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Downton Abbey-Tv Series Review

Contains Spoilers
 
I have watched all three seasons and haven't missed one episode. I have the two first seasons on DVD and I watch them again and again. I just love Downton Abbey. My favorite? I really cannot decide. Of course I just adore Violet (Maggie Smith). Who doesn't? I always liked Mary(Michelle Dockery), even when she's acting...well, the way she does. Sybil (Jessica Brown Findlay) was one of my favorites from the start; I knew she was going to have a story like this. And of course, Edith, the one I could mostly relate to. If I was one person from there, I would be Edith (Laura Carmichael) and I'd like to be Edith. I even named one of my cat's kittens after her. Let's not forget Daisy, who, I have to be honest, broke on my nerves when she wasn't sure if she should marry William. She didn't even try to look happy. William was dying and she was like 'I'm needed in the kitchen'. She pissed me off. Cora was the nether-hot-or-cold character. Sometimes I liked her, sometimes not, but mostly ignored her. Mrs Hughes is a character like that, though I never found times I didn't like her.
Now for the gentlemen. Robert was nice, cool, ok, but that's it. I remember one scene that pissed me off though. When Matthew was injured, and the doctor said that he could have children; Robert seemed to care more for that than for Matthew's health. But, to be honest, that would be what I would care for. However, I can be a heartless bitch at times. Matthew Crawley. Is. An. Obsession. I loved him the first time I saw him and adored the love story with Mary. They would be my favorite couple in the series if it wasn't for...But let me continue with the characters. Mr. Carson is also a character I think Downton Abbey will be horrible without.
Tomas Barrow. For and unexplained reason, all teenage girls today are OBSESSED with homosexual guys. And I am no exception to the rule. (Why does it happen? No idea.) When Tomas kisses Jamie after that BITCH !$#^#^*$^ *hmm* *hmm* miss O'Bryan made him have false hopes about it, I really wanted Jamie to kiss back. And I wish he will find someone later on. I don't think i'll be able to stand the fact that he will end up alone in the end.
And now I want to be that heartless bitch I mentioned. Anna and John Bates.
I hate them.
I wish they didn't exist.
Sure, the story is quite interesting with the whole evil-ex-wife thingy but it gets boring when Mrs. Bates No1 strikes once, twice, three times....I just found it too cliché?? I don't know, but every time it was Anna and John I wished I wouldn't have to watch it and just skip it. They got married, happily ever after we will see Anna with a little baby next season blah blah blah...
For the finale, Tom Branson and lady Sybil Crawley. Their story is awesome. It may seem like an ordinary I-will-marry-him-dad-I-love-him but in the end, no one really hates anyone. Robert doesn't hate Sybil, he may does have some feelings like hate for Tom, but I am sure they are not hate, everyone else doesn't seem to have a problem with it and in the end Tom ends up living with little Sybil in Downton, which was the best ending. For me, at least. Of course, Sybil's death was shoking, but- I really hate myself for that- I ruined the ending for me, when I googled 'Downton abbey lady Sybil' and end up with her death. So, I pretty much knew it.
Just a thought: Am I the only one who thinks that Matthew and Marry's son will marry Sybi? Not, like, in the next season, but if we think too far in the future maybe? It's the ideal couple. That's what the family will think obviously.
Don't rush., Vcay.
I haven't talked about everyone of course, I may do a better review in the future, including as many characters as possible.
 
Vcay

No comments:

Post a Comment