Σελίδες

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Piano, Stress and Talking

Sequel of 'Piano, Stress and Biology"

So I talked to my dad about all the crap I wrote yesterday, about me wanting to quit the piano class. And now I feel horrible. He tried to convince me otherwise and I just keep saying 'no' but in the end....
I don't know. Really. I feel like the most awful person alive right now. Maybe because things change and I am the one who is causing the change. And I hate change so much, I hate change more than I hate the bitches at my school. That is the conversation:
Me: Dad i want to quit piano class.
Dad: What? Why?
Me: I know that i am not going to study for it, I mean I hardly did last year, you know that.
Dad: We can ask for your teacher to loosen it up a little bit.[Me thinking: That's never going to happen.] And if you don't have time to practice, it's all right.
Me: Well, dad, the point is I feel awful every time I step in the class and just say that i didn't study at all. I cant stand the fact that all year round, I'll do this every Thursday.
Dad: Why?
Me: i don't know dad, it's just me. And besides, i know that i need to spend a lot of time in order to study a track. And i don't think i'll do that. No, i know i wont do it.
*After more arguing about how music can make people calmer and stuff."
Dad: As you wish, im not going to push you.

What i said was all true. And now? Dad is ok, the teacher is not going to mind...
Oh yeah, i forgot.
Im such a coward i just cant go to the teacher and say "Hey! Nice to see you again! I will not have piano classes this year because...."
Because what?

THINGS I CAN SAY

A. "...I will not have the time to study for your piano class"
Teacher: But you can study for relaxation!
Me:...awkward silence due to my awkwardness and sadness and coward-ness I will be forced to agree to one more year of piano lessons and pretty much hate myself after this*
B:"...I don't like piano."
It's not happening i love playing and i don't have the guts anyway.
C."....I know i will not study for your piano class i mean i hardly studied last year."
Teacher: It doesn't matter to me! [It does matter to her after one week she will forget what we said]
Me:...*awkward silence due to my awkwardness and sadness and coward-ness I will be forced to agree to one more year of piano lessons and pretty much hate myself after this*


Or i could just continue the piano classes like dad said, we could loosen up a bit.

THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF BOTH OPTIONS

ADVANTAGES OF QUITTING
More time
No stress (except the one that already existed)
No bed feelings because i didn't study
Music wont be something i am forced to do and i will play whenever i want, whatever i want.

DISADVANTAGES OF QUITTING
Not more than 10 minutes of awkward talk with my teacher
I may not be able to play any other tracks without any help


ADVANTAGES OF CONTINUING
Possibly one or two tracks i will learn and i will like

DISADVANTAGES OF CONTINUING
Less time
More stress
Bad feelings because i didn't study
Music will be something i am forced to do

British guy:Taking everything mentioned above in consideration, I believe that Vcay should definitely choose to quit her piano classes due to the fact that the advantages of this option far outweigh the disadvantages.

Hell yeah, i agree with this random British guy I don't even know where he came from!
I will do it. I will quit piano class and after the awkward conversation with the teacher is over, i;m going to be so proud of myself im going to eat some chocolate.

Doctor: DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!

Fine, I'll just be proud of myself.
See ya. And if i end up alive( aka without piano classes) after this I'm going to post it. And you will congratulate me.

British guy: That's an order.

Exactly.

Vcay

P.S. Sorry for all the "i"s that are not capitalized i was just so bored to correct them after i wrote the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment