Σελίδες

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Touble with Fate-Leigh Evans Book Review

I adored it. I read it long ago and I don't remember lots of details, but I recall that I couldn't stop until I reach the end. I bought it while we were on three-day school trip and to be honest, I didn't really pay too much attention to it then. I left it aside for a while and I started reading it again after two months after or so. And I loved it. It was too well written, making me feel like I was the same person with Hedi/Helen, the main character. It was humorous and graphic, but not too graphic. What make me love the book more was the fact that the characters weren't only good or only bad. When I read books like this, with like one hero who is always right and honest and everything versus and evil person who is...evil and bad and everything I want to tear the pages out and burn them in the fireplace in winter. I know it's not the first one but I don't know how to buy the second of the series-obviously, I cannot buy it from anywhere in my town.
Favorite character? Robson Trowbridge. *SPOILER* I mean, Hedi loved him and throughout the book I related too much with her that I ended up loving Trowbridge. (?)*SPOILER*
Totally looking forward to the second one.
Lastly, the fact that it wasn't cliché- it was a story with faes and werewolves, with a plot I don't think it's similar to anything I read before and with no plot twists that made me hate it or something.

Vcay

No comments:

Post a Comment