Σελίδες

Sunday, November 3, 2013

The House of Hades-Book Review

Honestly? I didn't expect this to be that awesome. I mean, after ONE WHOLE YEAR of waiting, I almost forgot about it. Then, I saw it on a bookstore and bought it instantly bought it online when i got home.
It was-It-The-Wow.
No words. Honestly.
So much character developing. Every character got better. Except maybe from Jason. Why?
Frank got a lot more badass. *Go Frank*
Leo also got a lot more badass and well and met Calypso.
Hazel and Piper actually do things except whining about their pasts and their boyfriends.
Percy and Annabeth found a way to survive Tartarus.
Nico confessed his crush on Percy.
And Jason? He...well....um...he proved that he is not a homophobe and wants to make everyone feel better.
Wow, Jason Grace, your character development is super amazing, congrats.

Anyway, the whole drama between Jason and Piper is almost none. So is the whole story between Frank, Hazel and Leo. The whole book is action. I never said I love reading action, but it's better than a whole chapter of 'Leo-looks-like-the-guy-i-dated-oh-so-long-ago' and 'What-did-you-do-with-Reyna-before-you-met-me'.
Percy and Annabeth scenes would be fantastic if every time they had a Percabeth moment i didnt think of Nico. Except from that, their scenes were the all time classic 'Percy and Annabeth fight monsters with some help of friends' scenes we all know and love.
And Nico. Oh my God.
I am 5389% sure Rick Riordan planned this from the very beginning.
I dare you to go and read all the times Nico and Percy talk to the previous books. I dare you.
I mean, i have thought that Nico might be gay, but never took it seriously.
There are a lot of fans who loved the idea of Nico being gay before the release of this book, and i was a part of them, but seeing it actually written in the book is...scary.
Anyway, I loved this plot twist so much.
And later when Jason and Nico talked about it and Nico said that everything was fantastic for Jason because he was son of Jupiter but Nico was rejected and didnt belong because he was son of Hades...I cried. I loved this scene.
There wasnt that much of Leo to this book, except the Calypso thing though. I wanted more Leo jokes.
For all these reasons I give this book a 6.8/10.

Buy!
Vcay

No comments:

Post a Comment