Σελίδες

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Modern Family-Greek Version

I was watching TV the other day and I saw this commercial about a new show: Modern Family. At least, the greek version of it.
And I couldn't help but wonder if the concept was going to work and here are the reasons why.

The Greek version of Modern Family. I'll let you guess who's who.

A. Gay Parents Aren't At All Acceptable in Greece.


Mitch and Cam.
What am I talking about? Gay people aren't at all acceptable.There isn't a chance that two gay men could adopt a baby in Greece. There isn't a chance they would be so open about it the way Mitch and Cam are in the american one. There would be both burnt in stakes- I hope I'm speaking non literally.
Also Lilly's name. Every single name was changed to a greek one, for obvious reasons. But Lilly's name stayed. For some weird reason.




In case you haven't guessed yet, for left to right
Alex, Hailey, Luke and Manny.
B. They should be more concerned about money than they are.
Due to the economical crisis, I would never think that The Dunphies would be able to stay in a house like that, with that many computers etc with only Phil working.








Gloria and Jay. The letters in the box say "Married 6 months"
C. A Columbian woman and a Greek man?You can start the puns about the World Cup after I finish. Quite frankly, I believe there wasn't one Columbian in Greece. (Maybe in vacation?) But, I'm sure there wasn't one Columbian who married a Greek. Gloria is ok, because it's the USA. There are a lot of immigrants from South America so Gloria doesn't seem so odd. But in Greece? In the greek version, everybody acts like it's normal, or at least like an american would act if they saw a columbian in the street, while it shouldn't be. Too unrealistic.


From left to right sitting on the couch: Gloria, Phil, Claire, Jay,
Mitch, Cam. The one standing is probably one of the
 producers.
D. The budget.Even if the economical crisis doesn't exist in the show, it is a problem for the producers. As a result, the quantity of the whole show is much lower than the original one, and as a person who has watched both, it kind of ruins it for me.










Me honest opinion? No one should even bother making a Greek version of Modern Family. The best thing they could do was translate it and air the original one with greek subtitles.

Vcay
xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment